Do You Have What it Takes?
Want to be on Shark Tank? Here’s your chance. Shark Tank Producer Mindy Zemrak is coming to Anchorage, Alaska on June 27, 2018, to participate in a homegrown version of the popular TV show, and you could be one of the contestants!
We’re partnering with Alaska Startups to offer four lucky Alaska entrepreneurs the chance to pitch their business concepts during the VITALIZE ALASKA Shark Tank Pitch Competition. Four contestants will be randomly drawn and announced during the VITALIZE ALASKA Lemonade Day Lunch on June 27. Contestants must be present at that time to confirm their spot in the Shark Tank Pitch Competition later that evening. Complete rules and requirements for participating in this exciting event can be found below.
To help prospective participants prepare, pitch workshops will be held leading up to the event.
Prizes for participation include:
- $2,500 in marketing support from BuzzBizz Creative
- One 30-second promotional Video Business Card produced by Move Media LLC ($2,400 value)
- A two–hour targeted workshop for a group of up to 15 from the Alaska Small Business Development Center, tailored to the winner’s needs ($675 value)
- Meeting with Alaska venture capitalists
- Gallup’s Builder Profile Assessment and Strengths Coaching Session with Gretchen Fauske
- Mentoring Session from UAA Global Entrepreneur in Residence Nigel Sharp
Rules & Requirements:
In order to be eligible, you must:
- Sign up to receive the Shark Tank application and Alaska Startups Ideator registration via email (apply below)
- Attend at least one pitch workshop
- Have a demonstrable product
- Have tickets to the VITALIZE ALASKA Business Conference and Shark Tank Pitch Competition ($100). One ticket will be given away for free – you will be entered into a drawing when you apply below.
- Be present at the Vitalize Alaska Lemonade Day luncheon to confirm participation in the Shark Tank Pitch Competition.
- Contestants will be randomly selected
Pitch Workshop Dates
- Boardroom Pitch Clinic, June 19, 12:00 noon, at The Boardroom. Register here.
- Boardroom Pitch Clinic, June 20, 4 p.m., at The Boardroom. Register here.
- 49th State Angel Fund (49SAF) Pitch Clinic, June 25, 2018, 12:00 noon, at Anchorage City Hall, suite 830 (632 W 6th Ave., Mayor’s Conference Room). Register here.
About Mindy Zemrak - Supervising Casting Producer of Shark Tank
Mindy Zemrak is the current Supervising Casting Producer for the Emmy award-winning ABC series Shark Tank, now in its 10th season. She has been part of the show since Season 1 and oversees the entire casting process which includes finding the best entrepreneurs from around the country who need the help of the sharks. Her impressive casting resume also includes shows such as Beyond the Tank, America’s Greatest Makers, American Idol, Top Chef, The Apprentice, I Survived a Japanese Gameshow, Expedition Impossible, and Oprah’s Your OWN Show, to name a few.
A graduate of the University of Southern California with a Bachelor’s degree in Cinema Television, Zemrak has over 12 years experience working on a variety of television shows and feature films including “Ice Age: The Meltdown” and the hit TV show “Las Vegas” which starred James Caan.